Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally....


Finally, I am idling here in the hanging chair in the balcony of my house and wondering how awesome being jobless is. I am having a pretty relaxed time enjoying ghar ka khaana. This luxury is not going to last long as my classes are going to start next week.

Quite contrary to the last few days, the first half of the last week has been extremely crazy as I had to travel back to India and complete all the relieving formalities. Just an hour before the scheduled pick up by taxi to airport, I managed to drive 30 miles (to Nashua) and pick up a delivery from DHL. While driving, I was just hoping not to be caught by cop which would potentially kill my schedule. Finally, I managed to reach airport an hour and half before departure time. The best part of the journey was my co-passenger. Never before during any of my journey/travels, I had a female co-passenger sitting next to me. But, this time around, a girl (that too a blonde (4.5)) is sitting next to me. Surprised, I cross checked my seat number with boarding pass three times to verify if I am looking at the right seat number. I was right. Unfortunately, the feeling did not last long. I had to trade my seat as one my colleague was sitting alone. The journey was kinda adventurous as the waiting time in Frankfurt was just 50 minutes and that too the connecting flight does not depart in the same terminal. Fortunately, I managed to hop in to the connecting flight at the right time and my baggage also reached Bangalore safely.

My relieving formalities also went smoothly. Almost everybody I met in the last few days of my work at my previous company know about ISB. Considering the fact that ISB is still in its first 10 years of inception, it is quite an achievement. But, ISB needs to do some sort of brand building as not many abroad know about ISB.

Finally, the placement report of ISB for 2008 batch is out. The report can be accessed
here. I also applied for educational loan with Andhra . Life is made easier for we guys. I completed the loan application form in just 30 minutes (ofcourse with the help from a staff). I also managed to open a savings bank account and get a pass book with in just an hour. I must say that I am very impressed by the service I got from the bank (take note private bank enthusiasts)

3 comments:

Raju said...

All the best dude. So back to student life again. Enjoy it.

Vijay Bhaskar Chowdary --> VBC said...

@Raju

Thanks for your wishes... But I am not sure if the assignments will make me 'enjoy' student life... :)

Anonymous said...

Hold on a sec -- 4.5 ???!!!!

Is that even humanly possible on the Vijay scale?